Do I need Independent Professional Advocacy?

An Independent Professinal Advocate service can help you with a specific issue or  situation in which you're unable to deal with everything on your own. Our advocates are experienced, competent, independent and non-judgemental. You might think of an advocate as someone with specialist knowledge who will take your side and who you agree can act on your behalf.

An advocate can:

  • Help you find relevant information
  • Ensure that you understand your rights
  • Speak on your behalf and represent your views
  • Liaise with professional services on your behalf
  • Go with you to meetings and other formal appointments

Call the IPA service on
0300 10 249 70
Mondays - Thursdays, 9am - 5pm or 

Friday, 9am - 4:30pm
or email the team at

Please note: you must be 18+ and reside in the borough of Neath-Port Talbot to access this service

The Independent Professional Advocacy Service
is a specific statutory advocacy service available in Neath Port Talbot offering support in key aspects  of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014


MHM Wales Union Offices Quarella Road Bridgend CF31 1JW

Tel: 01656 651 450  Email:


Facebook: //mhmwales  Twitter: @mhmwales

Just Giving

Registered Charity Number: 1123842
Company Number: 6468412